Friday 11 January 2008

Long Walk to Freedom... Nelson Mandela

Another great book, by a fantastic strong, black African son of the soil. I am only in the second chapter, but all I think about it that

“The struggle of a thousand miles starts with one step”

“A great man is made, but born”

“The road to greatest begins with a seed, sown by what you hear, read, believe or even stumble upon.”

I am content in knowing that we share the same heritage, history, skin colour and belong to a fantastic continent… Africa, the great continent!

Enjoy your weekend all! Chris Rock is in town this month and I am planning to get some tickets! Next week is going to be fabulous (I love this word, has been ghettoised though), I am seeing a friend coming in from out of town and we will be painting westend red!


Signing out - Aspiring nigerian woman

2 comments:

desperate lady said...

that quote has always seen me thru a lot "the struggle of a thousand miles starts with one step".
Girl don't paint the town too much o, or else u might end up being painted as well.
thanks for stopping by my blog.

Hephzibah said...

A great man is made not born- that has been my driving theme.