Monday 26 November 2007

Randomness...Inspired by Bella Naija

Shopping dilemma
Hurray, it is Monday. My weekend was fab! My hussy and I are having a fab time; takes me back to when we first met. Went shopping, shopping and shopping and guess what? I bought absolutely nothing. Same problem, I went out to get a trouser suit, tried out my usual shops, Zara and Mango, but the Zara suits were the same old thing and wasn’t what I was looking for. A found a suit in Mango, which was fab, but the pants were too short. I could take out the seam, but it is a turn-up pants, so I am not sure if I can do this. Even the shop attendants, were not sure either. Hence, I left Bluewater, without buying anything. One of my problems with shopping is that I am very impatient and I have long legs, so I can’t buy pants in any shop.

I am in love, round round I go, am in love
My husband and I are off the Lausanne this weekend, his best friend is graduating from IMD, just completed his MBA. We are really looking forward to it. This will be our 3rd trip together, since getting married and the last two, have not been exactly great. We ended up fighting… imagine that. We are both very strong willed and being together can be very challenging sometimes. I still love him though. He is my better half. He really knows me like no-one else does. We are just in that process of “letting go” to each other and it is one of the hardest phase of a marriage. It could take months or even years. We are working on it.

Waiting on God... waiting for the wind of change, expecting to wind of change
I am waiting on God for two things right now and I am really praying and trying to fast sometimes. All I am hearing from God is “Wait, I will do everything you ask for me”. Like I mentioned earlier, I can be very impatient, but I know that God will do it. God has truly been kind to me, he has always been my provider, but every now and then, the devil’s thoughts creep in and it is really hard to stay focused on God’s eyes. These are my Christmas present and I know God will deliver in time for Christmas. The bible says “As the dogs looks upon the hands of the master for food, and the maiden to her mistress, so shall I do unto him the provider of all” … this is an amalgamation of both a bible verse and mine.


Mama, I just want you to know...Inspired by Mummy Monday
I spoke to my mum last night, after three weeks. I don’t speak to her very often, not anymore. My sister and I fell out and she took my sister’s side, even when she knew my sister was very wrong. I am really struggling to forget the incident and mend my relationship with my mum, but I don’t trust her anymore. For me, trust is fundamental to everything I do. I can stop being friends with anyone, if I don’t trust them. I know she is trying to protect my sisters, but I don’t believe she should do so, at the expense of the truth. Every time I think about it, I wonder what kind of mother I will be like and I know in my heart that I will always stand for the truth, no matter how much it hurts. How can you protect anyone that knows what they are doing and deliberately do the wrong things and hurt other people? It hurts me every time I speak to her, because I want to say things to her, laugh with her, but I simply can not trust her anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I will do anything for her and she is the pillar of my success today and I will not be who I am today. Sometimes, I don’t know if she changed, or she has always been the same person and I just never looked at her faults closely enough, until she hurt me. Can I forgive my mum and move on from this drama?

1 comment:

rethots said...

Well, you can (forgive her), guess it may not be easy but,....you really have no choice.