Monday 5 November 2007

weekend fun

I no dey blog for weeekends at all. My wekend is always packed. I went to the o2 - millenium dome with my best friend this weekend- she came into town for 2 days. We had so much fun, it was hilarious!we did the video thing appearing in spice girls 2 become 2 video. It was mad. Enjoy: http://o2create.migapps.com/o2create/video/mdiyaolu@yahoo.com/hi


Also, I have been speaking to people all weekend to help with my charity work - supporting Nigeria's motherless babies orphanage. My target is to get as many clothes, DVDs, videos and books to these homes in time for christmas. If anyone is reading this blog and would like to help, please let me know.

I went to a friend's party this weekend and I saw some girl that I don't like?, believe me, I don't hate her but I just can't get along with her, so I try to avoid her. She is too superficial. She has the naija girl mentality " suck up to my boyfriend's friends". The girl is just unreal.


I just finished reading the Icarus girl by Helen Oyeyemi and I actually had nightmares about it. Well written book though. I am proud of her. I am starting on The opposite house, by the same author. Wish me luck.

Another exciting thought, I am speaking at a public engagment in January, it is a first for me, so I am very excited. I have been told to send a biograpghy for the conference brochure and I am not sure what to write. Any thoughts anyone?... if there is anyone reading this blog of course.

2 comments:

LondonBuki said...

Thank God I am not the only one who found Icarus Girl scary!!! I wrote a little about it HERE

Please let me know more about your charity...

rethots said...

Check www.refinedone.blogspot.com she does have something on charity.

We need not like everyone, we only need to tolerate 'em should we happen to be in a situation we gotta work together.

You lucky, at least you finished it. I didn't. Have you read Half of a Yellow Sun by Chiamanda? 'tis nice. Reading Measuring Time by Helon Habila, another interesting writer.

You are you, i guess & 'tis the most important thing. Though belated.