Friday 7 December 2007

Friday... random nothing

Hey people,

I am so happy today. I finally took out my hair extension and guess what? I hair has actually gown 3inches! I am so pleased. I can now do "bay parking" I finished my driving lessons today with a big smile on my face. 5yrs of driving lessons and thousands of pounds, I finally worked out how to reserve in a parkign bar, between two cars. Hurry, driving test here I come!

I am heading back to the gym next week. I am fat!

Christmas shopping beckons. I have a number of things to presents to buy this week. A few things for myself, office shirts, pants etc. I need to get presents for my god son and one of our friend’s 2yr old daughter. A few things for hubby too. I hope he likes them; the bobo does not like the idea of me buying his clothes at all. Don’t get me wrong, my bubby is really old fashioned oh! Shop in Zara ke?, you are asking him to look like P. Piddy? Anyway, I am getting him some nice sweaters. I remember the jacket I got him for his birthday. The guy refused to wear it for 3week oh! Too trendy he said, until he tried it one day and one of our very good friends said “ you look 10ys younger”. I laughed when he told me. So, hence, hubby is now wearing the trendy jacket.

Merry Christmas everyone. I will be thinking of Naija, ‘cos I really hate Christmas in this country. Lonely, boring and NOT Nigeria.

I have started reflecting on the next year and I am planning to do some serious professional courses. It is not even the reading that scares me, it is the cost of all these training. I have just booked myself to course in February for £2,000… I know people, it is really crazy. I got the invoice through the post today and sho, it was for £2k. The website said £1,650 but VAT got added and I am stuck!. I am finally starting my French classes next year. I booked myself on the 13 weeks course in January. I am hoping to be able to converse fluently and write basic French at the end of the 13weeks

Another thing is this NYSC. Hubby and I have decided that it is best I go and do this 3 weeks programme in March, ‘cos me I have political ambitions and there are some issues with not doing it, before one is 30.I have another big training next, in the U.S. I will keep you all posted if I get on the training course. It is going to cost £5K. So far, I have counted 8K and there are still a few more things in the pipeline. Wish me luck, but these trainings are all necessary. I must to stand out… twice as good, I am a black woman with an African accent!!!!!!!!

A lot of rubbish nothing going on in naija now. Nothing worth carrying my placard for. I found this blog about an Iragi woman and it is really cool. Really opened my eyes to what is happening in Iraq.

2 comments:

joicee said...

Driving lessons are so expensive in th U.K.. I hope to start later next year, I will probably be looking hard for a bargain lol.
Nice pics from Switzerland...been to Basel but not Lausanne..sure looks real nice.
Have a merry one, Xmas that is.

Hephzibah said...

Abeg my sis blogging is definitely not
easy!!! however, i promise to buckle up but haba, its not 2 in 1 month
oh! its 3 posts in 3 weeks... How now? ur blogs are keeping up and I
particularly enjoy the Oxbridge series, echoed some of my experiences at