Tuesday 8 January 2008

My world

My world is not round, it is not flat, and it does not fit any scientific reasoning or religious belief. Everything that happens in my world; all my decisions and actions move in a circle. The decisions and actions I make today, I reap tomorrow. Nothing happens in isolation.

My world is built around my understanding of situations at any point in time
It is shaped by my belief and my experiences

I don’t believe in destiny, I don’t believe in fate, I believe that I am the architect and builder of my own world, all I ask and seek I will get, but in due season

My worlds exist in the confines of a superior being, far greater than I can ever imagine and his hands are always wide open, with all I seek and desire. He allows me to build my world.



- Aspiring nigerian woman


4 comments:

princesa said...

First time here...nice blog.

I also believe we make our world what they become but God is the overall architect.

Simi Speaks said...

Heya! Loved your poem/spoken word.

Dont believe in destiny or fate? What about the bible that tells us that He has known and predestined us before we were even conceived?

Aspiring nigerian woman said...

Simi, I think God knows and allows things to happen, but he also gives us the wonderful power of freewill and choice. We exit in the confines of this frameowrk, but ultimately our destiny and fate is down to the choices that we make.

God is the architect, but a builder, capenter and handy man is required to set the bricks.

Hi Princesa, thanks for visiting my site.

rethots said...

Whoa! beautifully written.
Please publish it abroad (everywhere), that people will know that no one owes them nothing.