Wednesday 6 February 2008

Back to London... I say it is about time

ppls, the last week has been really busy. Hussy & I are finally leaving sunny, boring grays, Essex, and swapping it for lovely jazzy North West London. yes ppl, our love affair with Grays is over. I am so pleased. We are crazily viewing properties, for rent, until we find a family home to buy by the summer.

This move has been long coming and we finally find a suitable tenant for our place in grays last week. The plan is to move to a flat in London, for a few months, until we find a suitable house to buy. I have been viewing some flats in London in the last week, and it has not only been expensive, but very tiny boxed places. It is really going to be a shock moving from a 3 bed, big kitchen/dinner area to a small poxy flat somewhere. But the move is necessary, I want to be close to the "good life", the good schools for our unborn children, the museums, theatres and a good social life. Grays/Chafford hundred, is like a stepford wives territory for the “young upcoming Nigerians" and I really struggle with the 4hours commute to work, in the last 2 years and being too far from anything interesting or fun. I love the underground, the westend and the easy access to all my friends. I love the cafes after church for breakfast, the quick and cheap Italian restaurant after work with hubby and the theatre at the weekend.

We have to be out of our house by this weekend and we have not even started packing yet! I am really keeping my fingers crossed to find a suitable 2 bedroom flat, in a relatively good condition for rent TODAY! yes oh, we need the keys by Saturday. Wish me luck and maybe my next post will be from my lovely London apartment.

Au revoir!

2 comments:

Hephzibah said...

Ha, I am so pleased for you aspiring, its high time you moved back to civilisation, lol, ur welcome to the expensive yet necessary London life...Good luck in getting somewhere nice today.

guerreiranigeriana said...

good luck...