Friday 1 February 2008

It has been so long...

Chei, I really miss blogging, but the last 2weeks has been crazy! I had two major projects going live last week and I have been working my butts off! I also had French lessons, which I have missed one class already. I don’t feel good about this at all, but wetin person fit do?
I had a number of things to blog about, mainly random stuff.

I went for a 2days off site event, you know the type that they put a bunch of you in a room, with endless presentations of the team’s target and deliverables for the year, then you go off to do some team events, ours was to build a formula one car and get it to actually move; ok my team lost ! The venue was lovely, Leamington Spa, somewhere in the midlands. It was fabulous. I heard it is a place for the rich and famous and you have alot of boarding schools and independent schools here. I can imagine dropping my child there on a Monday and picking him/her up on a Friday. God, I love good education and it is something I can never put a price on. If I have the money, I will always go for it.

I am off to naija in about 6weeks, I want o attend this nysc and I am really looking forward to it. I have been shopping as usual, for summery clothes, GAP is my favourite shop right now. They sell such beautiful, light casual cotton tops. I still go to ZARA fro my silk tops and bottoms. TOPSOP is still delivering my jeans, even though I am thinking of switching to a good designer label for my jeans. I have serious problems with jeans. I have very long legs, 34inches and most shops just don’t do this length, unless of course I go for Iceberg, which cost about £100. I have one Iceberg jeans, which I got for a bargain of £20, but shop I got them from has now closed down. I tend to buy about 3-4 jeans at a go, and wear them for a whole year, so I guess I can afford to switch to designers if they can offer me the length, style and fit. I am still thinking about it oh! Imagine what £400 will pay for in naija?, I can be ijebu like that. My bags are no problems, I just go for real leather bags, which I buy on the Internet and they are always fab!. I am not a big fan of designers, ‘cos they are too over prized. Shoes are very high street; I just buy any nice shoes I find. I don’t care where they come from, as long as they are leather and fit well.
Life is funny oh! I spent a day with my childhood friend, who has 2 kids and, I was exhausted! She is a real woman oh married for 3 years now with children. I was surprise at the amount of work it took to bring up two children, being with them all day was very exhausting and definitely not my cup of tea. She complained about how hard it was to put them into a routine and I completely disagree. I will never allow it(motherhood) to rule my life and I will definately put everyone in a routine, from feeding times to sleeping times. If not, I will go mad! A stay at home mum is a very hard thing to do and I respect all the women out there that do it. We went to Claire to pierce the little girl’s ears and the poor thing screamed when the ear rings went it. She had tears in her eyes, it was so sweet, I nearly cried myself. She slept off straight after that!... godbless her.

I am back from lala land right now. Looking ahead to a new month. I have my driving test this month, French lessons continues, oh yes, it is valentine this month and my 1st wedding anniversary. I am not really sure what to do about this anniversary thing. Me, I like big romantic gestures and my hussy is not very tuned in this direction, when God was dishing it out, he was away and he has just never been able to catch the romantic bug, even with all the infections I have been spreading around the house. I don’t mind doing nothing on the day itself, but I would like to go away, in the summer, maybe get some tickets to Brazil or Egypt. He struggles to do romantic, but he loves it was when I do it. He loves the surprise and attention! Should I tell him I have a blog so that he can read about what I want? Also, I lost my engagement ring last summer, so a new one will be nice, not too expensive, I just want a another one. I am tired of restaurants and meals, I want something memorable. I told him I gave him till 31st of Jan and if he does not come up with anything, then it will be left to me to do something about it. I really want to go to Brazil in the summer! Can someone please tell him?

8 comments:

guerreiranigeriana said...

sure!!!...i love brasil...i'll help him plan a splendid trip for you too!!!!!...just shoot me his email and a few things you like to do and i will give my best effort...

Miz Arkitect said...

i want to go to brasil tooo on my list of places i wanna go!!! i hope u get what u want for ur ann. congrats by the way. love you blog went thru n read some.

Hephzibah said...

Aspiring, wr av u been all these while now?

Chei, you guys are hard oh, baby ear peircing at claires?!!ha, I thot it shld be done by proper doctors (don't mind me, I only have nephews).

As per Valentine, of course you will organise it, dat's part of the deal, isn't it? and never mind, I'll tell him about Brazil....

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

looks like you have your hands full. I am sure your hubby will surprise you with something good. lol!

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

ud be surprised, its alwas the guys who r not dat way dat usualy surprise u d most.

as per jeans, try miss sixty, FCUK also has really nice jeans, starting frorm about 60uid or so, rock and republic i just discovered, a bit pricey but fits nicely!!

Aspiring nigerian woman said...

Hey 36inches, I am star struck, 36inches left a comment! i absolutely love your blog, it is a shame you allowed soem crazy minorities to stop your from blogging.

Thanks for stopping by. Anyway, I was checking out rock & republic online, do you know the stores in London that stock them? My guess will be it is only Selfridges and Harrods. Any of the high street stores?

Now that you are in London, how it is going? I have still have my single friend, looking for a g/f oh!

Hengish said...

Wow how cool. I am leaving for lagos in a couple of days for my NYSC too.

Are you in Lagos?

Might bump into you!

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

LOL. babes send me an email.
missbrownlegs@yahoo.com

selfridges does stock rock and republic, i think house of fraser too.