Wednesday 26 March 2008

purpose

Guys,

I followed by conscience yesterday and had a serious heart to heart talk with my friend. I spoke to her about her career and making something out of herself. Our conversation went well and she opened up to me. I am going to be keeping an eye on her for a while and encouraging her. I am sure herself ad her husband will be fine. About her being violent, I am taking it in prayer, there is no point preaching to her, she is a “serious born-again, devil bashing, tongue speaking Pentecostal” I am on a 7days fasting, from today. I am fasting with one of my good friends, he has been looking for a post MBA job for a while now and the Lord laid it in my heart yesterday to agree with him in prayer and fasting. I keep asking God for a message for my friend and teh only think that keep coming back to be is Matthew 16:19-34, Hebrew 11.


I am one of those people that anything I fast about anything; provided God has laid it in my heart, his promise will always come to past and be fulfilled. I also have a few more things I am taking to God in prayer. I have done my bit and waiting for God to do its bit.

Please pray for my mum, she is back to school and taking exams all the week, I called the poor woman yesterday and she is some hotel in Jos, studying through out the night. I really don’t want to be in her shoes, when I am at that age.

I had one of those days yesterday… thinking about my ultimate purpose in life. As a child, I have always felt that I have a mission, greater than myself, that I have being brought to this earth to fulfil. I am not sure what it is, but I am certain that it has something to do with my career and ambition in life. I have been told a number of times, by different people that they feel like I am on a mission. I also have a friend that I believe is set for greatness. She is one of those people that when you meet her, you either lover her or hate/dislike her. She is a journalist and I believe she is going to win a famous prize one day. I just heard that she has been invited to an exhibition. I am so proud of her!!!! She is going to be one of my unborn children’s godmother. I love the girl to bits. I am also praying for her to come back to her faith and her connection with God.

Does anyone else feel like they are on a mission… or they are set to accomplish something bigger and greater than they can ever imagine?

6 comments:

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

The world needs more friends like you:-) That being said,I constantly feel that I have been put on this planet to do something beyond what my mind can comprehend at the moment. I dont know what exactly, but Iv been told I was born for greatness. I hope that allt that I will use all the potential that God has given me.

I wish you all the best. Your already on the path to greatness. Stay blessed........x

TheAfroBeat said...

Unfortunately, i don't really get the whole "mission" feeling, more of a "purpose" feeling overall, but in terms of a mission, i have a list of things i want to see/achieve, mainly around what i want the world (Nigeria especially) to look like in 50 years, and what i would like my contribution to that vision to be.

Said a little prayer for your mum just now, keep us posted on her success! And i wish you success in all your requests as you wait on GOD.

guerreiranigeriana said...

praying for your mumsie...my mom too wants to return to school and get her PhD...

...i definitely feel that i was put here to do more than just breath and then expire...it's funny how based on your affinities and attractions, you can think you are supposed to do one thing, not realizing the various ways in which you can achieve your purpose...that's the thing that can be difficult for me...

...also just remembering to recognize that power given to all of us to use to accomplish our purpose/mission...it can be scary when you stop believing or doubting and like that, people start telling you the same thing over and over again: 'you are meant for bigger things' or 'you are really about to step into your____'...i know i am on a mission and have things to do...i am getting started on them and just pray for strength, faith and courage to do what i am to do...good luck to you too...

Hephzibah said...

Dearest,

1st- I'm still getting used to teh new layout, for a moment, i thot I was on the wrong blog.

IK know I am on a mission on this planet Earth sent by Him, sumtimes I think i get the mission figured, mosttimes I don't however, I am certain it is greater than ME hence my running back to Him to fulfil it- that's the only way.

How y dng? been a while...

Moody Crab said...

I don't really know about the mission thing but sometimes, i feel i need to do things to enact change mostly cos I feel that there is more to life than just going to school, getting married, and having kids. Is that the 'mission' feeling? Maybe? Maybe not.

I read your comment on nigerian and drama queen's blog. I do alot of voluntry work in Nigeria mostly in the East.
Also, I chose India because of my dissertation and I would like to do my PhD on something along the lines of women and effect of trade/trade polices.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Okay first off, as you are fasting please put in a prayer for me.I am seeking God's guidance on an issue. No, I'm lying, God has spoken, but I am unsure how to begin the task. So, please ask him for more patience and more info for a silly girl like me.

That being said, I am encouraged by your mother and her return to school. I just put in a short prayer for her. She will get through it!

And as for missions, I am waiting to figure out what mine is. I am passionate about so many things but believe that with perseverance and faith, I will discover how I can make the world a little better even if it is merely one person at a time.

Thanks for this enlightening post!


NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...