Thursday 6 March 2008

Update...

Hep peeps,

Thank you to others that have been dropping by, I am not still alive and kicking. It is just BT messing up.

Life has been really busy, I don’t have a landline or internet access at home right now and it is making blogging almost impossible. I have a long week course next week that I am preparing for and I am also job hunting. Yes oh! my 2years affair with the Telco industry is finally over. I am frantically sending out my CV and getting some good responses, but no interviews yet. I am not sure which direction to take. I am looking at permanent positions or continue to contract. I think I have still got 1yr of contract left in me… make some serious money and just go back on the career ladder as a permanent employee. I am looking to do my MBA in 4yrs and I don’t have any intention to cough up the money, which I can get all paid for if I was in a permanent position. What do you guys think? Permanent or contract?

Life has been very busy. Valentine was swell. Hussies gave me a very very expensive bag and trust your girl, and I have been carrying the bag for over 3weeks now. desperately trying to match it with very thing I wear. We ended up in a Turkish restaurant for dinner, which was cool!

Anniversary was also very good. We went to a Mexican restaurant and exchanged cards, rather, I got him a card!

Hussy became a godfather… his good friend had a beautiful baby, hence he is a godfather. He was excited about the whole thing, even though he used to say he did not understand why I am always shopping for my own godson.

It is my birthday on Saturday, so the party continues… I am getting so close to the big 30 it is scary.

I heard Yaradua wants to fire some ministers, in time for his 1st year anniversary in office. I say it is about time. All these feasibility studies he has spent the last year doing is not doing him and his sleeping government all favours. Did he not set up committees to develop policies, when he was campaigning for elections? Infact, how did he get in? based on what policies or agendas? How come he is just doing everything when he got into government? I don’t understand these crops of politicians in Nigeria right now. You need to have at least your 1st year’s plan set in stone, before the election itself. You only have a 4yr mandate and nobody is going to pat you on the back if you spend your 4years mandate on developing policies and nothing on implementation. I rest my case.

I heard Babatunde Fashola is doing wonders in Lagos state. Apart from all the media communications about “future Lagos” are the area boys and street hawkers still on the roads?... There are so many “quick wins” and I am always surprise that Nigerian politicians fail to see. There focus is always on the ambitious plans that end up in the mud of corruption.

If I was fashola for a week, what would I do? I will clear all the area boys and the street, ban buses from stopping at non designated bus stops, clear Street hawking, and create more markets and bus stops. The difference it will make to Lagos will be enormous, very significant and a very quick win!

Long term plans will be start working on a Lagos state metropolitan police force. Start lobbying the legislative authorities. Nigerian police force is too central to serve individual states. We need a police force that is connected to the people and the state government.

What would you do if you were Fashola for a week?

1 comment:

rethots said...

....oops, she's back.

Permanent or contract??? Eventually, 'tis not the money that matters, but, me think a career (some work on enjoys doing) one can develop into -a thoroughbred professional.

Haha, the race to 30. ....couldn't believe almost 30years was gone. But then, forward looks brighter. Happy (belated) Birthday. Short of which, can i have my share of the cake please?

Yar'adua, i digged him from the onset (maybe, 'cos of his academic background or not been tainted by negative financial issues, i know not) but, at some point, felt his silence is becoming unbearable.
But then, in different ways we all perform our tasks. ....time, though expensive, i choose to give him. *i silently believe he'll perform much*.

Yeah, he's doing much (though, we may not see it now) time will proof him -Fashola.

How fare thee?