Wednesday 16 April 2008

Update update...

A got the job!
Yes baby, I am off to work in the financial sector. I am leaving telco, after 2 years; looking for a fresh challenge. I was not sure I was going to get the job, because it was a very informal interview, very American style. Anyway, contracts have been signed and sealed. The best part about the job is that it is in London and only 35mins from home.

Hubby away
Hubby has been working away from home for the last 4weeks! I only get to see him at the weekends. He works for a consulting company and his current client is somewhere in Cambridge. I thought it was going to be easy, but 4weeks already and I feel like I am single again!

Passed my driving test!
Yes baby, I finally passed my driving test last weekend. I still can't get over it. I still have not been in a car, 'cos my car needs to be fixed. I think it needs a new engine. Can you imagine that, after 6years of trying to pass my test and when I finally do, there is no car to drive. Anyway, hubby plans to fix it next week and then, I will be rolling. My first stop will be my ex-school daughter's house. I have not been to the silly girl's house in 2years. Imagine that. I definitely owe her a visit. I am claiming back all my friends!!!!

I want a new car, I have been dreaming about this car for a long time now. I want the latest Honda HRV!!! I don't do hire purchase, I don't believe in having something i can't fully pay for, of course with the exception of a house!

Maybe I will be able to buy it in 3 years, when it alot cheaper.

9 comments:

Simi Speaks said...

congrats on the new job!!! hang in there for hubby o. hopefully he wouldnt be gone much too longer

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new job...

seriously, 6 years to pass a driving test? wow.. but I do have to commend you on not giving up though.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Hephzibah said...

Hey ANW congrats!!!!!!!

That is fantastic, we shall wash this when am back in london....more grace to you oh!

Finally, ope oh, she's passed her driving test, abeg go dump that 'banga / jalopy' you've been slumbering round town and celebrate in style.....

this are good times indeed...

Afrobabe said...

Tot I commented...

Afrobabe said...

Ok, that last comment was to test if there was comment moderator...so that means I didnt comment...hmmmm.got to lay off the rum for a while..

congrats on the new job love...and the honda looks lovly...I plan to get a rav4 even if its 20 yrs outdated...

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

congrats on the job, congrats on the license, congrats on the new car that i am claiming for you (Amen). And don't worry, your hubby will be back soon, ok!

guerreiranigeriana said...

uh, i could have sworn that i commented...damn...anyway!!!...congrats on the goodness in your life right now-job and license...may you get the car sooner...that's a sweet car...i don't think they make that one in the us...its cute as heck though...and i like your philosophy on paying in full...it is such a good method especially in this society that will eat you alive with debt...thanks for reminding me...

TheAfroBeat said...

CONGRATS Woman! That's great news. I hope the hours of your new job in the CITY won't be too crazy, and you get some extra time to hang with old friends again. And Amen to the car o!

How have you been now?