Thursday 3 April 2008

Why am I aspiring Nigerian woman?

Someone asked me this question and it made me laugh, infact it got me thinking a lot. So, here is why I am what I am

Aspiring: Aspiring is all that defines me and all I do. I can’t think of anything else that defines my purpose in life. I have always aspired and continue to aspire to be someone, somewhere or somebody. I am always looking for opportunities, new things, new beginnings and new adventures. I don’t believe in endings, there is always another path or road lurking somewhere. Once I finish something, I am already looking for another opportunity. I don’t believe in sitting still. I don’t believe in closed doors, there is always an opened door somewhere else.

Nigerian Woman: When I think about my strengths and weakness, this is what defines it. I am a woman, trying to succeed in an historical male dominated environment and society. Being a woman is my strength, ‘cos when it every little success I achieve, it becomes exaggerated and leads to recognition.. Recognition opens the doors for greater things.

My colour and race is also a strength or weakness. Africa is a fertile ground for great things and I believe I have born Africa and Nigeria to set my name in the sculpture of its history.

How I am going to do this is a different story entirely. I can only aspire, hence Aspiring Black/Nigerian Woman.

5 comments:

Hephzibah said...

Well described. How are you?

Today's ranting said...

Good! Good! I love the spirit.It's good to be optimistic and to always be on the move.Lazy people and unambitious individuals do not achieve anything.

Misan said...

Keep aspiring to new heights and you will get there (amen!)

How teengs?

Atutupoyoyo said...

I love that word - aspire. I have been planning a post for a while now that argues that the aspiring class is no the overhwelming class in Nigeria.

One should never sit still. Life is motion. Life is dynamic. When one sits still the danger is that you will be lost in the tailwind.

guerreiranigeriana said...

nice explanation...aspiring is definitely more of what we need people to be!...how are things?...