Tuesday 20 November 2007

The power of money...

I really understand how people can be arrogant; I just don't get it, especially because they have money. I have been having conversations with this guy, that is suppose to be my friend and we have tried to do a few things in the last 2years, but nothing has come out of it. The guy used to work for minister in naija and he claims to know the right people in Abuja, to do business with. Of course, as long as I am not bribing anyone, I am interested, especially as I would like to go back to naija in the future.

I was suppose to meet this guy at the weekend, but I was at another meeting and I eventually rang this bobo at 5pm, that we can either meet half way in London or postpone our meeting till Monday. I just could not spend another 2 hrs going to see him, with some samples of the products I got from him. Well, the guy was obviously not pleased with it, but he expected me to meet him the next day, a Sunday. Impossible, I don't know where he got that from, but Sunday is spent with my hubby and nothing and no one gets in the way. Anyway, on Monday left the samples at home and rang in as soon as I left home to say I could not see him, as I did not have the samples with me. He did not sound too pleased, but I just ignored him. I could not believe it, when I called in today about meeting up and he just started shouting, he was so rude, he even hung up the phone. Everyone says this guy is arrogant and the money he made in Abuja, rolling with ministers has gotten into his head, but I have never experienced this side of him. I was so mad, so disappointed that someone I respected and held in high esteem could be so rude. No offence, but I make more money that this guy, I am not a lay about, I am better qualified than him, I may not have a fat bank account, family connection or Abuja connection, but I am not a lay about or a loser and I am not begging him for this business. It was a proposal from him, He is not doing me damn favour.

I was so livid today; he called me back later and started ranting about other things. I told him where to stick it, along with his business proposal. I work with a Nigerian based consulting firm, on another project and they have never treated me this. The guy remains my friend, but aspiring woman takes no bullshit from another. I am a go getter and I will make my contacts myself. Let him roast with his bad attitude.

Has any one experienced this kind of treatment, working for naija based people?

No comments: